[tlhIngan Hol] x nuq vs nuq x & 'Iv x vs x 'Iv

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Oct 9 19:44:02 PDT 2019

I think that clipped Klingon is most appropriate when there is urgency to the message, as in battle. If someone says {nuqDaq puchpa’}, then point to the bathroom and get out of the way.

I don’t see {nuq mI’lIj} as obviously urgent, unless shouted by a suspicious guard pointing the unfriendly end of a nasty weapon at you.

In other settings, I’d just consider it poor grammar spoken by an illiterate, uneducated, backwoods peasant, or maybe a local who is speaking loud and slow for a tourist he considers an idiot who has to look up every word in a guidebook.

But that’s just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone.
charghwI’