[tlhIngan Hol] x nuq vs nuq x & 'Iv x vs x 'Iv

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Oct 9 05:27:30 PDT 2019

> On Oct 9, 2019, at 06:39, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Are the {nuq Dochvam ?} and {Dochvam nuq ?} equally correct ? And if not, what's their difference ?

I don’t think we have any grounds for allowing {nuq Dochvam}. AFAIK the only pronoun + noun equivalence sentences we have where there’s no second noun on the other side of the pronoun have the pronoun last.

> Are the {'Iv SoH ?} and {SoH 'Iv ?} equally correct ? And if not, what's their difference ?

Since {SoH} and {'Iv} are both pronouns, I believe both are correct. Whether there’s a difference, I’m not sure.