[tlhIngan Hol] -Daq and motion verbs

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sat Nov 30 19:36:27 PST 2019

A way for {‘enteprey’Daq bIHHa’ vIjaH} to make sense:

“On the Enterprise, I go to the prison.” The action of the sentence happens on the Enterprise. The location of the action is the Enterprise. The action is going to the prison. Unless context dictated otherwise, I’d assume that the Enterprise were in motion toward the prison, and you were on it.

Meanwhile, {‘enteprey bIHHa’ vIjaH} simply means, “I’m going to the Enterprise’s prison.” It’s a noun-noun possessive form.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.