[tlhIngan Hol] {chol} {ghoS} difference

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 06:12:10 PST 2019

Recently, I'm being troubled by the difference (if there's any)
between the meanings of {chol} and the specific meanings of {ghoS} of
"approach, proceed, come, follow (a course)", (i.e. excluding the "go
away from" meaning).

Let me describe, how I understand this difference, and if I'm wrong
(which is usually the case), then please, do correct me.

You're in america, and I'm in greece. If I say {Sachol}. then this
means that "I get closer to you", but I don't reach the united states.
While I'm {chol}ing, I'm travelling towards you, with the distance
between us, becoming smaller.

But if I say {SaghoS}, then based on the Ca'Non {bIghHa' yIghoS} "go
to jail", it means that I actually reach the united states, i.e. I
actually come to you.

That's how I understand the difference, but since I'm probably wrong,
if someone could clarify this, it would be great.

~ bara'qa'