[tlhIngan Hol] Suffix-number questions in the KLCP test

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 14:24:21 PST 2019

I openly invite you to redesign the test. My whole point is that I don’t invite you to make whoever designed the test redesign the test. If they care to, on their own timeframe, they can certainly be welcome to do it, but I’ve seen less positive suggestion on this point than I’ve seen negative reaction to what now exists, without much in the way of appreciation shown for the effort that went into creating the test and making it available.

If I seem defensive, it’s because I’m defending something I care about. I care about people creating resources for the KLI. I respect the hours they’ve put in, and I appreciate the positive intent of their efforts.

That’s the beginning and the end of my concern.

I never suggested that the test couldn’t be better, or that anyone willing to put the positive effort into redesigning it should be discouraged from doing so. I’m less interested in defending the specific, current form of the test than I am in defending the earned respect of whoever created the test and made it available.

I would just as quickly defend respect for any new person who makes the positive effort to make the test better.

It’s really easy to complain. It’s much harder to make a resource available to the community or to improve a resource that is available to the community.

I’m just inviting the complainers to do the harder thing instead of the easier thing. We’ll all be better off if they accept the invitation.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.