[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom 2019 - booklet

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Nov 20 06:54:32 PST 2019

Am 20.11.2019 um 15:40 schrieb De'vID:
> p. 19 qar'a'?

qarbej.

> In the Latin transcription used to write Klingon, the two meanings can
> be distinguished by a space: {tera'ngan} "Terran, Earther (Humans and
> other species native to Earth)" and {tera'[ ]ngan} "inhabitant of Earth
> (regardless of planet of origin)". In speaking, perhaps there is a
> slight pause in {tera'[ ]ngan}.

But as we all know, Okrand doesn't much care about spaces, and Klingon
is a spoken language. ;-)

I agree with what you wrote, and suggest for all clearness to say
something like tera' DabwI' or so, to make the difference very clear.

By the way, I always found it strange that in DSC, they talked about the
mirror universe people from the "Terran Empire" as Terrans - because we
are Terrans too, so the difference is not clear, and it was even more
difficult to translate that into the Klingon subtitles.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"