[tlhIngan Hol] the "get out" meaning of {lel}

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 13 06:39:35 PST 2019

The phrase {tIqDu' lel} was used at least three times in paq’batlh:

  ngIq tonSaw' lo' 'ej tIqDu' lel
  In one single move, he removed the hearts. PB
  HughlIj 'uch qeylIS / DaH rolIjvo' tIqDu'lIj lellaH
  Kahless grips you by the throat, He could rip your hearts out at will (PB)
  molor cha' tIqDu' DuQchu' qeylIS ‘ej lel
  Before Kahless struck his bat'leth Right into Molor’s hearts, ripping them out. PB
But there is another use of {lel}:

  DaqtaghlIj yIlel qeylIS
  Kahless, pull your d'k tahg (PB)

Note that we also have a new verb from qep’a’ 2016:  {QIq} “draw, pull out (weapon, tool, instrument)” – presumably from a holster, sheath, tool belt, etc. - but no example sentences were provided AFAIK.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> On Behalf Of De'vID