[tlhIngan Hol] is this grammatically correct ?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:50:35 PST 2019

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 08:21, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 07.11.2019 um 17:24 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> > AFAIK there were six complete sentences.  Here they are, followed by the
> > author's annotations from http://www.allyngibson.net/st-const.html :
>
> *From: *De'vID
> > It was an anthology of Star Trek stories put together for the 40th
> > anniversary: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Constellations
>
> Thanks to both of you. This really was new to me. I've added this to the
> wiki for future reference — in addition, of course, to all of your
> perfectly maintained databases. wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap!
>
> http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Constellations
>
> While doing this, I noticed we should / could / might want to find an
> agreement on abbreviations. In my list, I now have the following
> identical shorts. Any suggestions to distinguish?
>
> STC     Star Trek Communicator
> STC     Star Trek: Continuum
> STC     Star Trek Constellations

You asked this already in 2016:
http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/2016-July/000740.html
  {{;-)

The answer hasn't changed. Don't use the abbreviation "STC" by itself.

In the {boQwI'} sources page
<https://github.com/De7vID/klingon-assistant-android/blob/master/app/src/main/res/layout/sources.xml>,
I use "STC 104" for the one issue of "Star Trek Communicator" which has
Klingon. But otherwise, I just spell out "Star Trek: Continuum" and "Star
Trek Constellations" in the entries where these appear, since they appear
so rarely.

--
De'vID