[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "neutral gender"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 27 05:01:18 PDT 2019

Am 27.05.2019 um 13:12 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> I don't suppose, someone can come up with a descent way to say "this
> alien is of neutral gender", right ?
>
> Because all I can think of, is crap like "this alien isn't male, and
> isn't female".

The Klingon language has such constructions very often and I would not
call them crap. That's just how the language works.

> Anyways, thought I should ask, in case someone could think of something
> better.

I would try something like this. It's right we don't have no word for
"sexual gender", but it may work with one of the "class" words we have:

{wa' porgh buv neH ghaj nov Seghvam.}
"This alien race has only one body class."

You may also try the other way around, although it does not always mean
"neutral gender":

{be' loD je ghaH nov'e'}
"The alien is both male and female."

--