[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the timestamp

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri May 24 07:00:17 PDT 2019

On 5/24/2019 9:50 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> I want to write "one day the dogs will invade to conquer us".
>
> Do I write {wa' jaj nucharghmeH, yot*dogmey*} ?
>
> Or do I write {nucharghmeH, wa' jaj yot*dogmey*} ?

It depends on what you mean. Do you mean /one day the dogs will invade,/
or do you mean /to conquer us one day/?

The time expression goes on the front of the clause it's a part of.
Dependent clauses get stuck on the ends of otherwise complete clauses.

*wa' jaj nucharghmeH, yot /dog/mey
*/In order to conquer us one day, the dogs invade.
/Maybe they invade now in order that, one day, we will be conquered.

*nucharghmeH, wa' jaj yot /dog/mey*
/In order to conquer us, one day the dogs invade.
/The dogs invade one day, and their job is to conquer us, probably on
that very day.