[tlhIngan Hol] veQpu' or veQmey ?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu May 16 07:37:08 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 8:54 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> ghunchu'wI':
> > What I end up doing in a specific case will depend...
>
> Could you write an example ?

Any example would be contrived and won't explain my feelings any further.

> And suppose it's used literally; someone sees kahless being made of
> light (he's a god after all..).

Qun ghaHbe'chu'. tlhIngan SuvwI''a' quvqu' ghaH.

> Would you use {qeylIS, tamghaywIj} or
> {qeylIS, tamghaywI'} ?

tamghay ghaHbe' je qeylIS. chaq tamghay tlhuD. chaq qeylIS Dech tamghay.
chaq ghaH cha'.
tamghay qeylIS vIleghchugh, ghaytan jollu'lI' 'e' vIchov.

> And of course, the script writer says, that you *have* to use these
> two words in apposition; i.e. no recasting, no rephrasing,

That's cheating. As someone who actually has found myself in that sort of
situation, I can assure you that the script writer has no such power.

'utqu'chugh, jIjatlh «qeylIS tamghay!»

-- ghunchu'wI'