[tlhIngan Hol] Can we say {qarbe''a'} ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed May 8 00:00:12 PDT 2019

SuStel:
> I know how mayqel posts: he tries to probe the limits of the language.

You're right !

I believe firmly, that in order to learn something, we have to explore
everything. And when I say everything, I mean *everything*.
Understanding the limits, and what *not* to do, is exactly as
important, as understanding what we *need* to do.

The difference between the amateur and the expert, is that the latter
knows the details. The goal isn't to learn *something*; the goal is to
learn *everything* leaving no stone unturned.

Perhaps this seems overly "thorough", but hey, don't blame me. I'm
only a Capricorn. An overly persistent goat..

SuStel:
> He's used to asking negative tag questions in his native
> and learned languages, and he's trying to do the same in Klingon.

True again..

Often, during the day, I think in Klingon in order to practice.
Yesterday, while I was thinking in Greek, and then trying to translate
to Klingon, a greek negative tag question came to mind. And that lead
to this thread.

SuStel:
> And so far as we know, the tag question formula we're given does not include negatives.

Correct. And to avoid any misunderstandings, I'm not saying we
*should* use {qarbe''a'} as an alternative to {qar'a'}. I just
*needed* to know what's its difference, compared to the {qar'a'}.

SuStel, 'amerI'qa' jupwI', reH choyajchu', 'ej Dojbej wanI'vam !
SuStel, my american friend, you always understand me perfectly, and
this impresses me !

~ m. qunen'oS
the goal is borg perfection