[tlhIngan Hol] What would you do ?

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri May 31 05:42:57 PDT 2019

> On May 31, 2019, at 05:56, Rhona Fenwick <qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> One could probably concoct an example of a construction where a noun phrase is ambiguously acting as either a subject of the subordinated clause or as a time stamp of the {'e'}-clause, but I imagine examples where genuine ambiguity arises would be very few and far between.

I agree that this is unlikely to happen with any frequency but concocting pathological examples is a hobby of mine. For this case one needn’t look much further than my favorite ambiguity source, {wej}:

{jagh yo' muvHa'pu' 'op Dujmey. muchollI' vagh. muHIv wej 'e' vItu'.}

Here’s another with {DaH}:

{labbeH DaH 'e' Sov QumpIn.}