[tlhIngan Hol] And now..

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed May 29 02:10:34 PDT 2019

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 00:03, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2019, 22:06 mayqel qunen'oS, <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 'ej DaH..
>> and now..
>>

> nuq 'ej DaH nuq?

I ask because {'ej} is a sentence conjunction, and there's no known
instance of such a thing *starting* a sentence. (The non-canon {'ej HumtaH
'ej DechtaH 'Iw} doesn't count, and is in any case archaic and poetic.)

Also, {DaH} is an adverbial, and it should either start a sentence, or if
standing alone, be considered an exclamation. While an exclamation is a
type of sentence and I guess in principle it could be joined using {'ej},
it still sounds odd to me.  Following {'ej}, I expect {DaH} to start a
complete sentence.

--
De'vID