[tlhIngan Hol] Dep for birds/animals

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri May 24 20:03:37 PDT 2019

On 5/24/2019 7:15 PM, qurgh lungqIj wrote:
> Yes. There are humanoid animals. Monkeys and apes come to mind. I
> assume {Dep} excludes them and all the Star Trek aliens that resemble
> Humans.

When Star Trek refers to /humanoids,/ it usually means something like
"looks a lot like humans, but not a species from Earth." Basically,
whenever you create an alien race by sticking prosthetics to a human
face, that's a humanoid. Monkeys, mugatos, and so on may be similar to
humans in shape, but wouldn't be considered humanoids. This difference
is more true of the original /Star Trek/ than later shows, as they
started getting the science more accurate.

I don't know whether Okrand was thinking of the Star Trek definition of
/humanoid,/ or something more general.