[tlhIngan Hol] Punctuation

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue May 21 10:54:48 PDT 2019

Am 21.05.2019 um 18:58 schrieb SuStel:
> I stand corrected. Someone else wrote about their intuitive feeling, and
> you copied it.

"intuitive feeling" is a word I copied from your message. See above.

> The FAQ copied onto your wiki simply says we can use punctuation. It
> then links to another page that was not part of the FAQ.

Yes, true. It links to a page that was /taken from/ the FAQ and then
moved to the other page for better readability. I will add that quote to
make you understand that better.

> And given that anyone can edit your wiki, it can't possibly be
> considered authoritative for this list. And if it is, I'm going to start

> editing it with some truly ridiculous ideas, just to mess with everyone,

> and they'll have to be considered the rules of the list.

That's like saying one should not read Wikipedia because everyone can
edit it. You really enjoy twisting my words in my mouth.

The intention of an open source encyclopedia is that experienced people
can work on it and make corrections and additions where necessary. Just
like in Wikipedia, if any nonsense is added, there will be enough other
people to correct it.

> Whether Okrand has used punctuation is irrelevant. We were using
> punctuation in Klingon sentences long before Okrand ever did. This is
> not an argument about canon.

WUT? We were using the word {pemHov} long before Okrand suggested {jul}.
We were using word incorrectly before Okrand clairifed them. How can
Okrand's punctuation be irrelevant? Are you drunk?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"