[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch, {-pu'}/{-mey}, the indefinite, and cats

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:33:42 PDT 2019

And constructions like {Hoch 'ebmey} are treated as grammatically plural,
as we have the Ca'Non {Hoch 'ebmey tIjon} (tkw p.51).

So, to summarize this thread:

{Hoch vIghro'} = each cat (to be treated as grammatically singular)
{Hoch 'ebmey} = all opportunities (to be treated as grammatically plural}

And (the subject of this thread), in order to say "someone sees all cats",
we *have* to place the {-mey} on the noun after the {Hoch}, thus writing
{Hoch vIghro'mey luleghlu'}.

~ m. qunen'oS
the nutritional value of fresh Ca'Non juice