[tlhIngan Hol] doubly {-meH}ed nouns

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed May 15 14:23:31 PDT 2019

If it’s really true that those who argue already have the ability to say a given thing several different ways, then I recommend “Put up or shut up". Show us how good you are at doing this.

My point is, people here argue in English about Klingon much more than 90% of the time. Rarely does anyone show evidence of actually knowing how to say things using the language. Maybe many people here CAN do that, but since they so rarely do, their purported skill remains invisible and unproven.

I get tired of that. It’s deja vu all over again. And it pushes me to respond in kind. And I hate that. I hate doing THIS, RIGHT NOW.

Krankor complained about this decades ago, and this is probably why he’s not here anymore. Anyone who actually loves the language will get fed up and leave.

Why can’t we show any balance here? The list is supposed to be where we either write about the language in English or we write about anything using Klingon.

So, where’s the Klingon?

The ceaseless, pointless arguments would be much less annoying if, a little more often, somebody actually went to the effort to write something in Klingon, just to balance things out a little. The part of my brain that wants to read well written Klingon here is starving to friggin’ death, while the ceaseless rantings in English go on and on and on.

And I will acknowledge that some beginners include a little Klingon here and there, typically while they fixate on a single grammatical construction which they want to beat to death in order to prove exactly how much abuse it could take before it died, but this is thin gruel for someone who would like to actually read and write the language now and then.

Based on the evidence of the balance typical to the list, we have more people who are clueless about how to put three Klingon words together than we have those who will write philosophical treatises about Klingon in English.

I’m one of the worst abusers. That’s part of what pisses me off so much. There’s so much here, in English, to respond to, I don’t have time to use the language.

And if I never use the language, why am I here?

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.