[tlhIngan Hol] doubly {-meH}ed nouns

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:21:53 PDT 2019

Sent from my iPad

> On May 14, 2019, at 10:05, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> However, the intended meaning was "I will present for the chancellor a
> thinning training program".
>
> Then, based on the "romulan hunter-killer probe" Ca'Non, the thought
> entered my mind to write:
>
> {QangvaD, qeqmeH 'ej langmeH mIw vImuch}
> I will present for the chancellor a process in order to train and in
> order to thin

In this construction, how does one differentiate between something with two purposes versus a purpose that is serving another one? Or does one just rely on context?

Because it could be a process for training that also will make him thin (but the training is it’s own purpose and lacks a direct causal link to the thinning), or it could be a process that trains him with the explicit purpose that the training makes him thin.

—jevreH