[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIvvo'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 13 23:57:26 PDT 2019

Am 14.05.2019 um 07:23 schrieb De'vID:
>     The line she actually says is:
>     {HIja', 'ej jIHvo' nIHDI' jIbup.}
>     "Yes, and when he stole from me I dumped (him)."

Thanks a lot for that. I'll edit this in my video.

> Here's a clearer edit where she says this line:
> https://youtu.be/s9AFnBkIRwo?t=42

You mention that in boQwI', but I have compared those two scenes and
they definitely do NOT match in lips movement: When final version Uhura
says {jIyI'} the teeth stick together, but in the frist version with
{HIja'}, her mouth definitely opens for the sound {a}.

But as you said before, they may have recorded this several times, and
we may not see what Okrand used to work on.

> Also, I forgot to mention in my previous email how impressive Okrand's
> work was, but also when a nightmare it must've been when the director
> showed him the finished cut of the film and asked him to re-dub it!

Oh, yes, indeed, it is. It think it's very ironic that this exactly the
same thing he had tow work with when he started with ST3 so many years
ago (or even ST2, if yu want to include the vulcan dialogue.)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"