[tlhIngan Hol] And if I saw maltz today..

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed May 8 00:16:49 PDT 2019

Am 08.05.2019 um 09:05 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> jIH:
>> ghaHvaD, wa' HIvje' qa'vIn vIje', 'ej ghIq ghaHvaD jIjatlh, qatlho'..
> De'vID:
>> I think you mean {vInob} or {vIDIl} and not {vIje'}, which sounds like you fed it to him.
>
> I used {je'} because one of its meanings is "buy, purchase". Do I
> understand {je'} wrongly ?
hahahaha! This is a very good example of context.

De'vID's suggestions are fine to avoid ambiguity, but grammatically it's
okay, and depending on context it should be clear that you buy it for
him, not that you feed him.

Standing alone, it can really mean both.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"