[tlhIngan Hol] Apollo mission sentence

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed May 1 11:43:47 PDT 2019

> On May 1, 2019, at 13:28, Will Martin <willmartin2 at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Thirdly, {maS SaqmeH Qu’} is ungrammatical because you can’t put a verb in the middle of a noun-noun possessive construction.

I’m not sure if {SaqmeH} still totally counts as a verb here, for the purposes of a verb not being allowed in the middle of a noun-noun. I think {SaqmeH Qu'} is treated as a noun, grammatically. We have plenty of canonical noun phrases with {-meH}ed verbs like {ghojmeH mIw}, {DIlmeH Huch}, {voDmeH jan}, etc., where the verb is known to be transitive, and there are therefore a couple of different ways you could slice up something like {nay' DIlmeH Huch}.