[tlhIngan Hol] Dargh HIvje' jengva' je

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon May 20 04:15:21 PDT 2019

ok, listen.

Recently, a little bird informed me of the tnk {Dargh HIvje' jengva' je},
for "cup and saucer".

After I thanked the bird, feeding it a few 'Iw breadcrumbs, I begun to
wonder..

Doesn't the {Dargh HIvje' jengva' je}, mean "tea, cup, and saucer" ?

If the intention behind the obscure {Dargh HIvje' jengva' je} is to
actually mean "tea (cup and saucer)", i.e. "(cup and saucer) of tea", then
how the ghe''or can the {Dargh HIvje' jengva' je} be interpreted as {Dargh
(HIvje' jengva' je)} ?

I would expect for "tea cup and saucer" to be {Dargh HIvje' Dargh jengva'
je}.

~ m. qunen'oS
DeghwI', DIvI' vIghro' yIbuS. QuQ neH.