[tlhIngan Hol] What would you do ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu May 30 10:34:40 PDT 2019

Sorry. I read too quickly and was thrown by the rather unconventional use of a semicolon separating the two sentences of SAO, and the conjunction, used in its “also” function.

I learned SAO before we used any punctuation when writing in Klingon, and I’m used to either seeing no punctuation, or periods for each of the four sentences, or periods for the second sentence in SAO with no punctuation at the end of the first sentence of the SAOs.

Note that it’s not two sentences. It’s four. In English, we translate it as two, but in Klingon, it is four. One does not usually end a sentence with a semicolon.

DaleghlaH.

‘e’ Sov *dog*vam.

nISwI’ Daghaj.

‘e’ Sov je *dog*vam.