[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "neutral gender"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed May 29 06:04:01 PDT 2019

lieven:
> But on the other hand, what they really mean is simply "The Klingon
> language does not express it that way". Sometimes it's just the way it
> tis, and we have to live with it. It's not about how a fictive race may
> think or talk, it's sometimes just how a language works.

This is a valid argument; but it is an argument, which we can accept
only on matters 'oqranD has already clarified.

For example, if someone said, we need to have a word for
"exaggerate", then of course he would need to listen, that 'oqranD
decided to use the bo'Dagh phrase.

Or, an even better example, if someone said we need a word for
"curious", he would need to be reminded, that 'oqranD was asked and
said to use {neHqu'}.

But now, I need to continue another ancient cat story, which I'm writing.

~ m. qunen'oS
keep calm and learn klingon