[tlhIngan Hol] And now..

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed May 29 04:04:35 PDT 2019

Am 29.05.2019 um 11:10 schrieb De'vID:
> I ask because {'ej} is a sentence conjunction, and there's no known
> instance of such a thing *starting* a sentence.

Also in English (and other languages) it does not count as good style
starting a sentence with "and."

> Also, {DaH} is an adverbial, and it should either start a sentence, or
> if standing alone, be considered an exclamation. While an exclamation is
> a type of sentence and I guess in principle it could be joined using
> {'ej}, it still sounds odd to me.  Following {'ej}, I expect {DaH} to
> start a complete sentence.

Nevertheless, I would accept such a strange and ungrammatical
construction with no actual meaning just as a personal style of starting
something to get one's attention, just as many people do in English, and
what mayqel also did here.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"