[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: luS

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue May 28 01:59:51 PDT 2019

Am 28.05.2019 um 10:35 schrieb PICHLMANN Christoph:
> Lieven:
>> There's no easy key for they others. It  sounds like you use the accent key (for French ?l?ve), which is on a German keyboard on the upper right corner next to the question mark.

> ghobe'!
> 'e' vIlo'be'. *space* vI'uynIS je.

accent leQ Da'uyDI' roD qaS pagh.
When you hit the accent key, usually nothing happens.

reH wab ngutlh DachelnIS.
You always need to add a vowel.

'olQan leQ DachelDI', accent neH 'aghlu': ´
If you add the space key, then only the accent is shown: ´

> Hrm. Not sure if that made sense. I'm using the hash-key, with shift.

Yes, that's the key that most people use to display the simple
apostrophe (U+0027).

> We don't have a word for individual keys on the nItlh 'echlet?

Not really, no. But when there are letters, you can identify them by
naming them, like I did above.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"