[tlhIngan Hol] Dargh HIvje' jengva' je

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon May 20 05:57:38 PDT 2019

I can understand {Dargh HIvje' jengva' je}, meaning {(Dargh HIvje'),
(jengva') je} "(tea)cup and saucer", if I take into account that the
{Dargh HIvje'} was given as "teacup". So, the reader of could be
expected to understand {(Dargh HIvje') jengva' je}.

What I'm wondering though is this: Assume we have a N-N-N-N (quadruple
noun construction); are *all* combinations possible ? i.e. (N-N)-N-N,
N-(N-N)-N, N-N-(N-N), (N-N-N)-N, N-(N-N-N) ?

Of course, I would never use something like that in a real text, but I
would like to understand how this actually works.

~ m. qunen'oS
where the federation cat goes we follow