[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch, {-pu'}/{-mey}, the indefinite, and cats

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 17 05:49:06 PDT 2019

vIghro' luleghlu'
someone sees the cats

vIghro'mey luleghlu'
someone sees the cats

Both of the above are equally correct, since the plural is shown by
the {lu-}, and of course plural suffixes are optional, where the
context is clear.

But suppose, I want to say "someone sees all cats"; what do I write ?

Is {Hoch vIghro' luleghlu'} sufficient/correct, because the plurality
is shown by the {lu-}, or is writing here {Hoch vIghro'mey luleghlu'}
actually mandatory, because {Hoch vIghro' luleghlu'} could be
understood as "someone sees all each cat" ?

~ m. qunen'oS
Ca'Non sweet Ca'Non