[tlhIngan Hol] And if I saw maltz today..

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:45:19 PDT 2019

I was thinking of { tIr SIrghHom} -etto/-etti is one of the diminutive
suffixes in Italian.
{tera' tIr qaghqoq} is more apt for "vermicelli", a different kind of
pasta :) (all right, they are thicker spaghetti). Also -elli is
another diminutive...
On the other hand I am not sure a Klingon would bother to make a
distinction between all of the varieties of pasta/noodles.
If Klingons were made aware of pasta when visiting Earth, they may
simply use a transliteration, but who knows, maybe spaghetti were
invented on {Qo'noS} really, and Italians simply copied them!

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 7:26 PM Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> I would probably call spaghetti something like {tIr SIrghmey} by analogy with {tIr ngogh} but when I’m feeling silly I might call them {tera' tIr qaghqoq}.
>
> Pasta in general can probably be {tIr X} where X is the form factor of the pasta. Like lasange could be {tIr navmey} or {tIr volmey} or {tIr letbaQmey}, maybe even something like {tIr letbaQ Doj}. Penne could be something like {tIr 'ochHommey}.
>
> For heels, maybe {waq woch}?
>
> On May 4, 2019, at 14:11, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would ask him:
>

> 1. what is the klingon word for spaghetti
>
> 2. what is the klingon word for pasta in general
>
> 3. do lurSa' and be'etor wear high heels ? and if yes, how do we call them ? the heels I mean..
>

> ~ m. qunen'oS
>
> I want the entire marriam-webster in klingon

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams