[tlhIngan Hol] doubly {-meH}ed nouns

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed May 15 07:02:21 PDT 2019

I thought some other possible combinations as well..

{Suvbogh ngongmeH Duj}
ship in order to experiment, which fights

I can't find anything wrong or confusing with the above, or any other
way for the reader to understand it.

{mutlhmeH potlhbogh Sommi'}
tool which is important in order to construct

I find the above possibly confusing; do we talk of an "important tool,
which happens to be used in order to construct", or about "a tool
which is important because we use it to construct" ?

Also, another beautiful question came to mind;

We know that we can say {-bogh 'ej -bogh noun}, and we said that it
would be correct to say {-meH 'ej -meH noun}.

But I wonder, whether we could say too {-bogh 'ej -meH noun}, and of
course the variant {-meH 'ej -bogh noun}.

For example:

{Suvbogh 'ej ngongmeH Duj}
ship in order to experiment, and which fights

{mutlhmeH 'ej potlhbogh Sommi'}
tool which is important, and in order to construct

maj.. and now, off to take an aspirin, because all this is giving me a
headache..

~ m. qunen'oS
klingon is a work of art