[tlhIngan Hol] doubly {-meH}ed nouns

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue May 14 10:43:17 PDT 2019

Interesting.. I hadn't thought of that possibility..

However, although I wouldn't do it while writing somewhere, where I
wouldn't be providing the english translation too, here is how I would
understand it..

The {tIQbogh qotlhbogh vIghro'}, I would understand it as {tIQbogh
(qotlhbogh vIghro')}, i.e. "cat which tickles which is ancient".

The {qeqmeH langmeH mIw}, I would understand it as {qeqmeH (langmeH mIw)},
i.e. "thinning process in order to train".

I wonder whether the {tIQbogh qotlhbogh vIghro'}, could be read too as,
{(tIQbogh qotlhbogh) vIghro'}, although I can't *feel* any actual
difference between them.

I wonder whether the {tIQbogh qotlhbogh vIghro'} could also mean {tIQbogh
'ej qotlhbogh vIghro'}; although I can't *feel* any actual difference
between them.

And qeylIS knows I wonder, whether the {qeqmeH langmeH mIw}, could also
mean {qeqmeH 'ej langmeH mIw}, which *is* indeed quite different..

~ m. qunen'oS
Ca'Non Ca'Non Ca'Nonoy