[tlhIngan Hol] doubly {-meH}ed nouns

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue May 14 07:05:01 PDT 2019

Read:

{romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'}
romulan hunter-killer probe

The above is Ca'Non..

And although its Ca'Non, I don't like it, let alone use it (or a
construction like it..); it's bulky, and I'm a firm believer, that
when writing something where you'll not provide the english
translation, you need to "cut your throat" (greek idiom) in order to
make it simple. You *owe* it to the reader, to produce easy and simple
sentences.

Or he will just press delete, instead of wasting time, trying to make
sense of your crap..

Now, lets forget all these.

Yesterday, at another thread, I wrote a sentence, which contained the following:

{QangvaD langmeH mIw vImuch}
I will present for the chancellor a thinning process

However, the intended meaning was "I will present for the chancellor a
thinning training program".

Then, based on the "romulan hunter-killer probe" Ca'Non, the thought
entered my mind to write:

{QangvaD, qeqmeH 'ej langmeH mIw vImuch}
I will present for the chancellor a process in order to train and in
order to thin

But since, yesterday bigger fish needed frying, I refrained from using
the double {-meH}.

However, today I would like to ask, whether this would be something
actually correct.

Although, even if it is, I would refrain from using it, unless I
provided the english translation too..

~ m. qunen'oS
damn, do I love klingon !