[tlhIngan Hol] Morskan and the unidentified “regional dialect” in PK

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:02:08 PDT 2019

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 21:24, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> Some of all of the differences that fall outside of how Morskan is
> described in KGT could be limited to specific words, as opposed to being
> broader patterns. But if we are to assume that the ST VI dialect and
> perhaps even the PK dialect is Morskan, do we have any other information to
> explain these additional differences from Standard Klingon that aren’t
> described in KGT? Is there any description or example of the Morskan
> dialect outside of KGT?

Maybe there's more than one Morskan dialect? It's like saying "British
English". Which one?

Also, and this is the answer to a different question than you asked, but
{tlhatlh} "gladst" is never explicitly labeled a Morskan word in KGT, and
yet must be in a closely-related dialect. It would be pronounced {ghlats}
in Morskan, which is close enough to "gladst".

--
De'vID