[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIvvo'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:23:37 PDT 2019

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 22:07, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The line she actually says is:
> {HIja', 'ej jIHvo' nIHDI' jIbup.}
> "Yes, and when he stole from me I dumped (him)."

Here's a clearer edit where she says this line:
https://youtu.be/s9AFnBkIRwo?t=42

This tells us two things:
1. The person stolen from is marked with {-vo'} when using the verb {nIH}.
2. {bup} can (contextually) refer to ending a relationship with a person.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous email how impressive Okrand's work
was, but also when a nightmare it must've been when the director showed him
the finished cut of the film and asked him to re-dub it!

--
De'vID