[tlhIngan Hol] Noun marked with {-'e'} at the beginning of the sentence

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon May 13 05:38:45 PDT 2019

We know, that we can place a noun marked with {-'e'} at the beginning
of the sentence, the meaning then goes "as for (noun).." and the
sentence continues.

The classic example is:

{qIbDaq SuvwI''e' SoH Dun law' Hoch Dun puS}
you would be the greatest warrior in the galaxy

So, now, lets forget all of the above..

I want to write "the ancient cat is an alien".

The usual choice would be to write, {nov 'oH vIghro' tIQ'e'}, which
actually translates to "as for the ancient cat, it's an alien".

But based on example of "you would be the greatest warrior in the
galaxy", seemingly/apparently, I can write too:

{vIghro' tIQ'e', nov 'oH}
as for the ancient cat, it's an alien

As we see, whether I write {nov 'oH vIghro' tIQ'e'} or {vIghro'
tIQ'e', nov 'oH}, the english meaning is exactly the same.

So, if we were asked what's the actual difference between the two, we
should say:

Both are equally correct, and the only difference between them, is (as
'oqranD once had clarified), that the {vIghro' tIQ'e', nov 'oH} is
more "shakespearean".

Am I right ?

~ m. qunen'oS
korriban DungDaq joqtaH ta' joqwI'