[tlhIngan Hol] Can we say {qarbe''a'} ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed May 8 13:08:20 PDT 2019

So, what I’m telling you is that if you write something to a Klingon speaker and use {qarbe’’a’}, odds are pretty good that person will be translating your Klingon into English, which heightens the odds that miscommunication will ensue.

Especially since you don’t really have a reason to use {qarbe’’a’} in any approximation to the way that {qarbe’} is commonly used in Klingon.

You have verb suffixes to describe your degree of certainty of any verb’s action. Why do you need to say something and then ask if what you said is not accurate?

No! Never mind. I keep forgetting!

Poetry.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.