[tlhIngan Hol] Transitivity of qID

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Tue May 7 13:38:25 PDT 2019

> On May 7, 2019, at 15:17, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
> AFAIK there are no examples of the verb {qID} in canon, either transitive or intransitive.  I agree with SuStel that it’s likely an error in boQwI’, perhaps based on the gloss “make a joke,  tell a joke” in KGT.

FWIW, the boQwI' entry for {qID} Tags it as v:t and not v:t_c. The latter would indicate that the classification as transitive has been confirmed by canon.

I’ve always taken the boQwI' transitivity tags which aren’t confirmed with a grain of salt. Is there value to tagging verb entries with conjectured transitivity as opposed to just leaving the conjecture up to the user?