[tlhIngan Hol] How do we say spring and autumn ?

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:23:34 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 2:05 PM Will Martin <willmartin2 at mac.com> wrote:

> Short of getting Okrand to tell us the actual names of the seasons, we’ll
> have to either agree on something, or just say it in a way that is obvious
> which season we’re talking about.

Well, we do have a canonical expression suitable for talking about summer:

*qImroq* - general word for season
> Maltz didn't think there was time to discuss specific seasons on Klingon
> planets, but he did say that *qImroq tuj* seemed to be something like
> "summer" on Earth.

https://www.kli.org/activities/qepmey/past-qepamey/qepa-chamah-wejdich/new-words/

<https://www.kli.org/activities/qepmey/past-qepamey/qepa-chamah-wejdich/new-words/>
*qImroq bIr* seems like a pretty reasonable extrapolation from that
example. Spring and autumn are still unknown.

Also:

*b: ghobe', Da'vI' wammeH qImroq 'oH.D: qaH, nepqu'chu'pu'! cheS qImwoq
'oH!b: Da'vI' qImroq!D: cheS qImwoq!b: Da'vI' qImroq!D: cheS qImwoq!b:
Da'vI' qImroq!D: cheS qImwoq!b: cheS qImroq!D: Da'vI' qImwoq!b: cheS
qImroq!D: jIjatlh Da'vI' qImwoq 'oH 'ej jIjatlh yIbaH!*