[tlhIngan Hol] How do we say spring and autumn ?

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:16:15 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 12:03 PM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to say winter we say {qImroq bIr}.
>
> In order to say summer we say {qImroq tuj}.
>
> (And pray that the reader doesn't live in the land of jumping bag animals,
> because he will understand the opposite of what we mean..)
>
> But how do we say spring and autumn ?

Well, *'aSralya'nganpu'* will understand *qImroq bIr* and *qImroq tuj* as
"winter" and "summer" just fine, they'll just associate them with different
months of the year.

As for spring and autumn, we don't have specific terms yet. You could
try *qImroq
nIl/nIlHa' *"verdant/unverdant season". Or consider it an opportunity to
exercise your poetic license and come up with some nice metaphor.