[tlhIngan Hol] Skybox 26 reH placement

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 29 07:08:54 PDT 2019

On 3/29/2019 9:56 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:

> Skybox 26 has a sentence, which among other things it says:
>

> {DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS
> be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je}
>

> Shouldn't the {reH} precede the {'e'} ?

One would think so.

Notice also the *-taH* on a verb that has *'e'* as its object.

Given that this is a SkyBox card — fairly early as far as Okrand's
extended prose translations go — I think this is just compounded errors
rather than some special grammar. When people are learning to use *'e'*
and *net,* they tend to think of them as conjunctions, which they
aren't. Okrand may have fallen into the same trap. He also occasionally
forgets about the taboo of putting type 7 suffixes on SAO second verbs.
He made a lot more errors in the early days, but he's gotten a lot more
skilled at his own language in recent years.