[tlhIngan Hol] Verbs of measure

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Mar 29 14:32:31 PDT 2019

Implying? Implying that we are not normal? For the past couple decades I’ve been under the impression that Klingon speakers wear the badge of weirdness proudly. We are the bottommost rung on the geek ladder. We boldly go where no normal person has gone before (or would want to).

We memorize a vocabulary far more vast than Elvish. We boast members who have proven they can do cartwheels while wearing a rubber forehead with wig, and high heels. We have sung Klingon barbershop quartets and performed Klingon renditions of “Who’s On First” and “Bring Out Yer Dead”. The Daily Show sent a representative who came to a qep’a’ and made fun of himself on camera because it was so much more challenging to do that than to take pot shots at weird people like us. Any AM radio DJ could ridicule us, but it takes a master comedian to sit among us at qep’a’ during a quiz game and jump up and down and wave his hand high, gesturing, “Pick me! Pick me!” while wearing a business suit.

"No, sir. We are NOT normal people,” (spoken in the same tone as Worf, bellowing, “Captain, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!”)

We are each far too interesting to be normal.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.