[tlhIngan Hol] wa'leS Soj wIqel meaning

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Mar 25 15:33:40 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:25 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I write {jaj veb, vIghro' tIQ wIHaH'eghmoH}, for "next day we
> bathe the ancient cat".
>
> The first question is... "is this ungrammatical ?",

I don't see any rules of grammar that it violates. I'm not sure if I can
interpret it the way you intend it, though. That last word, for example:

{wIHaH'eghmoH}

Normally, {-'egh} requires a no-object prefix, but {-moH} usually turns a
verb with no object into a verb that has one. With your translation of "we
bathe it", using both suffixes like that makes me wonder what nuance you're
trying to express that isn't carried by just {wIHaH}.

-- ghunchu'wI'