[tlhIngan Hol] Verbs of measure

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Mar 24 13:59:26 PDT 2019

On 3/24/2019 8:40 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> jIH:
> > I find defiance of ca'non disturbing
> SuStel:
> > bIvoqbe'mo' vISujlu'.
>
> Interesting.. But let me ask you. What is your opinion, with regards
> to the following:
>
> bIvoqbe', 'ej muSuj
> you don't believe, and it (this fact) disturbs me
>
> Do you see any problem, with the subject of {Suj} being the implied
> and unstated fact of "not believing" ?

It's not ungrammatical to elide an *'oH* which refers to *ngoDvam.*
However, you never established the antecedent in the first place.

What you're really doing is *bIvoqbe' 'ej muSuj 'e'.* This is, of
course, not allowed.

Another way to translate the line would be *muSuj voqbe'ghachlIj.*
Actually, I like this better than my first one.