[tlhIngan Hol] -meH with -pu'/-ta'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Mar 13 09:17:14 PDT 2019

Am 13.03.2019 um 16:24 schrieb nIqolay Q:
>     On Facebook, Lieven posted a video where he was talking about some
>     of the new words with Okrand. Okrand glossed {'an} as "be a waste",
>     as a stative verb instead of a transitive one.
[...]
> Here we go, it's on Youtube. Convenient!
> https://youtu.be/f2cgPd-TBJE?t=3m49s

For those preferring "quotable facts", there's a summary of the video
interview at the Klingon Language Wiki:

http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/NewWordsQepa25

{'an} a verb meaning to be a waste as in That's a waste.

Okrand:
"But it's not like 'I waste the Coca Cola'; you need -moH for that."
[...] "I sent him out there knowing he's not going to come back = I
sacrificed him. [it's with -moH] because I caused him to be a waste, I
caused that to be 'wasteful'."

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"