[tlhIngan Hol] chevchuqmoH

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Mar 5 07:23:26 PST 2019

On 3/5/2019 10:11 AM, Daniel Dadap wrote:
>> On Mar 5, 2019, at 09:03, Daniel Dadap<daniel at dadap.net>  wrote:
>>
>> I still think the question is a valid one.
> Maybe it should be rephrased to: “What does {chevchuq tlhInganpu' romuluSnganpu' je} mean?” I don’t have a good intuition to what it might.

We have *chev* in a canonical sentence: *'uSDaj chop, chev!* /Chew his
arm off! /(clipped). The second sentence is presumabbly short for either
*'oH yIchev*/separate it!/ or *bIH tIchev*/separate them!,/ in which
case the subject of *chev* is not the thing separated but the cause of
the separation; the object gets separated.

*chevchuq tlhInganpu' romuluSnganpu'* apparently means /The Klingons and
the Romulans separate each other./ That is, the Klingons and the
Romulans both work to make the Klingons and the Romulans move away from
each other.