[tlhIngan Hol] -meH with -pu'/-ta'

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 07:03:17 PDT 2019

There is something which doesn't sit with me so well, in the simultaneous use of -meH with -pu' or -ta'.

Lets say I write:

{vIghro' tIQ vIje'meH, HuchwIj Hoch vI'anmoHpu'}

In order to buy the ancient cat, I went bankrupt.

How would this be any different from writing:

{vIghro' tIQ vIje'ta'meH, HuchwIj Hoch vI'anmoHpu'} ?

First of all, it sounds weird to say {vIje'ta'meH} "in order that I have bought"; but that aside, is there any reason to use a -pu' or -ta' on the -meH part of the sentence, if I'm to use them in the part of the sentence that comes after the -meH ? Isn't the meaning the same in either case ?

~ changan qIj