[tlhIngan Hol] If only we could use twice to say..

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Tue Mar 19 15:45:18 PDT 2019

> On Mar 19, 2019, at 15:42, Alan Anderson <qunchuy at alcaco.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 19, 2019, at 3:13 PM, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:
>
>>> On Mar 19, 2019, at 15:02, Jeffrey Clark <jmclark85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was following the example from Klingon Monopoly regarding Praxis Energy.
>>
>> Ah, okay. What’s the example?
>

> {...loSlogh boq'egh mI' naghmey mI'...}
>
> The example has a number (a noun) as the subject. {'IH}, a verb, doesn’t work in the pattern.

That makes sense. I was wondering if MKE gave us an example of {boq'egh} with something totally non-numeric, and it seems it didn’t, either here or with {qav'ap} as {mIp'av} pointed out.

I wouldn’t expect anybody to accept these, but if we wanted to get “creative”, possibly one or both of these might make sense:

{wa'vatlh vatlhvI'mo' vIghro'wIj 'IH law' vIghro' motlh 'IH puS}
{'IHqu' vIghro'wIj; cha'logh boq'egh vIghro' motlh; chen vIghro'wIj.}