[tlhIngan Hol] Sylvester the cat in klingon

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:00:41 PDT 2019

There's another example of apposition that the Klingon wiki doesn't
mention. http://klingonska.org/canon/1996-sbx-s26.txt

*DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
lurSa' be'etor je.*
*The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor are constantly seeking
a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon High Council.*
(I underlined the apposition. Also, the sentence begins with a N-N-N-N-N
construction. This has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it
delightful.)

I suppose if you were worried about it being interpreted as a usual N-N
construction, you could set off part of it with commas: *sIlveSter,
vIghro'.* But if the context is clear that it's "Sylvester the cat" and not
"Sylvester's cat", you'll probably be fine.