[tlhIngan Hol] when -laH cripples the -lu'

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 02:48:24 PDT 2019

De'vID:
> But why wouldn't you be doing this to begin with,
> *regardless* of whether {-lu'}/{-laH} were the same suffix type or not?
> So let's pretend that {-lu'laH} is permissible. What is the passage you would've written?

If I was to write a long passage with regards to lets say,
enviromental pollution, and whether someone as an individual could
contribute to protecting the enviroment, my first choice would be to
use -lu', because I would need to talk about someone unspecified.

Of course, vay' could word as well; but my first choice would be -lu',
provided of course I wouldn't need to switch to vay', as soon as I
would need to write "someone is able/unable".

~ changan qij